Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kirtland and Niagara Falls






Since I have just started this blog, and not a lot of new things are going on right now, I thought I would take the liberty of showing some things we did in the last year, just so people know that I actually am posting things. Last May, for Mother's Day, my mom, my stepdad Clyde, and my brother Richard came out to visit us. We took the opportunity to do a road trip up to northern Ohio to visit Kirtland, and then continued on to Niagara Falls. We're enjoying being relatively close to numerous sights here in Ohio. We are currently mulling over the idea of visiting Washington, D.C. sometime this year. According to Mapquest, it is only a 7 hour drive (not bad).
Anyways, the top image is all of us in the front room of the Newell K. Whitney store, in Kirtland. Next is a picture of the room upstairs above the store where the School of the Prophets was held (for those of you who are LDS, you will know what this is; for those who aren't, email me, and I'll tell you). Next is a picture of Niagara Falls (Horseshoe Falls) taken from the boat we rode on right up to the foot of the falls (Maid of the Mist). Finally, the last picture is of the Kirtland temple.
If you ever get the chance to go to Niagara Falls, take it. It is really impressive. I was a bit shocked, however, as to just how much of a tourist trap the city is. We stayed on the Canadian side, which is the better side for seeing the falls. We'd like to go back again and spend a little more time than we had. Jacob, though, hated the boat ride. That close to the falls, you get drenched, and it is cold and load, so he really didn't appreciate it at all, and Leigh Ann and I spent most of the boat ride trying to calm down our screaming son! What great parents we are!




No comments: