Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since last I posted. Things have changed a lot. The title of the blog is no longer appropriate, as we are no longer the Ohio Fullers. In January we moved back down to Birmingham, Alabama, where I started working at Southern Research Institute. I am working only 1 block away from my graduate lab. We are now renting half of a duplex in the Hoover/Bluff Park neighborhood. We are actually only about a block away from our friends Andy, Rheanna, and Brandt Stevens. On the other side we have Rheanna's parents as well as her sister and family.

Jacob has started preschool at a local Methodist church in preparation for starting Kindergarten this fall. He is loving it and doing very well. Owen is our crazy 2-year old. We have no idea where his incredibly curly hair comes from. He is our daredevil and climbs EVERYTHING! They both keep us busy and happy.

We decided this year to actually try and take Easter pictures before Easter, and these are the best we could get. Our kids don't cooperate for the camera. We had a beautiful weekend, and decided to go to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens (where I had originally proposed to Leigh Ann).

For preschool, Jacob had to dress up as some kind of community helper. He wanted to be a fireman, which gave Leigh Ann all kinds of trouble. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a fireman outfit for a kid in March. We found the hat at Party City, and she found some props at the Dollar Store. But she had to get creative with the coat. She found a men's small sweatshirt (can you believe that? he almost fits in a men's small, and he is only 5!!!!!), and some reflective duct tape, and voila! I thought it looked great, and Jacob absolutely loved it. He didn't want to take it off.


On another note, Jacob, our 5-year old, has just lost his first tooth! One of his front bottom ones. Hard to believe that he is already old enough for that to happen!

2 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

I miss you guys. And I seriously did not recognize Owen in that top picture. I thought he was a friend until you mentioned his curly hair! The boys are adorable. Glad you're doing well. Just to make you extra happy you moved to the South, keep in mind that we have snow on the ground right now. :-)

Amandean said...

I didn't recognize Owen either! He's so big! And he has actual hair! On his head! I'm so glad you guys are doing well down there. I wish we were closer, but we'll give you a call next time we head East. And that costume was genius. She is so clever.